- Fellowship in Surgical Oncology (AIIMS)
- Fellowship in Laparoscopic Oncosurgery (Galaxy Care Laparoscopic Institute, Pune)
- Consultant GI OncoSurgery Batra Hospital.
- Consultant Gynae-Oncosurgery SGRH, New Delhi
- Consultant Lap-Oncosurgery PSRI, New Delhi.
Dr. Arvind Kumar is one of the few surgeons in North India doing laparoscopic oncosurgeries. He is been trained by world-renowned laparoscopic oncosurgeon Dr. Shailesh Puntambekar. He has a cumulative experience of more then 10 years and operating >10,000 laparoscopic surgeries including GI and hepatobiliary Oncology, Gynae-Oncology, Thoracic Oncology. Also, he is an international operating faculty at Tashkent.
- MBBS, MS
- Laparoscopic G.I.- and Gynae- Oncology’ training course at Galaxy Care Laparoscopic Institute, Pune under Dr. Shailesh Puntambekar
- Laparoscopic colorectal surgery training at B Braun training academy, Bali, Indonesia
- Masters in General Surgery from S.M.C Jodhpur in March 2002
- Fellowship in Oncosurgery from AIIMS, New Delhi
- Laparoscopic Solid Organ Surgery’ intensive hands-on training course at EISE, Delhi under Dr. Praveen Bhatia
- Basic Laparoscopic surgery training at Bhatia Global Hospital, Delhi under Dr. Praveen Bhatia
Dr. Arvind Kumar has a vast experience of over 13 years in the field of surgery. He has performed over 10,000 Laparoscopic surgeries in the last 8 years after the training in Advanced Laparoscopic surgery. He has completed his fellowship in Oncosurgery from AIIMS, New Delhi where he has performed many Oncosurgical procedures including Whipples, Oesophagectomy, LAR etc.
He had laparoscopically operated many challenging G.I. oncology cases including :
- Pancreatico- duodenectomy (Whipple’s)
- Laparoscopic D2 Gastrectomy
- Laparoscopic Radical Cholecystectomy
- Laparoscopic right and left hemicolectomy
- LAR and Ultra Low LAR
- Laparoscopic Radical Nephrectomy
He has also performed thousands of Laparoscopic Pelvic Oncosurgeries including Laparoscopic Wertheims, Laparoscopic hysterectomy etc.
Accomplishments / Awards and Honours
- Invited by Tashkent Medical Academy, Uzbekistan to deliver a master class and to perform advanced laparoscopic surgeries in a live operative workshop.
- Invited by Kazakhstan society of endoscopic surgeon in 2013 and 2014 to demonstrate live transthoracic esophagectomy and colorectal surgery.
- He has been invited as an operating faculty in various knowledge sharing national and international workshops & conferences like IAGES, SELSI, and GALAGES etc.
- He regularly conducting “Train the Trainer” programs and “Live Operative Laparoscopic Workshops” as National Faculty for Ethicon Institute of Surgical Education (EISE), Johnson & Johnson Ltd.
- Member of Indian Academy Gastrointestinal Endoscopic Surgery
- Member of Association of Minimal Access Surgeons of India
Achievements & Contributions
Research & Articles
- Surgical Workshop of U.P. Chapter of Association of Surgeos of India in Oct 2005 – Rohilkhand Medical College Hospital, Bareilly (U.P)
- Live Operative Advance Laparoscopic Workshop at Sri Ganganagar in Oct 2005
- Free Laparoscopic Surgical camp at Abohar (Punjab) in Oct 2005
- Live Operative Advance Gynae Laparoscopic Workshop at First Annual Conference of Delhi Gynecological Endoscopists Society, Moolchand Hospital, Delhi in April 2007
- Live Operative Pelvic Surgery Workshop – Tandon Hospital, Agra in Mar 2007
- Live Operative Advance Gynae Laparoscopic Workshop – Mahila Chikitsalya, Jaipur in July 2006
- Live Operative Advance Gynae Laparoscopic Workshop – Goyal Hospital, Jodhpur in July 2006
- GALAGSES, International Live Workshop on Advanced Laparoscopy in Gynaecology, Pune in 2008
- 27th Annual conference of NCASI & 11th Annual conference of AOSOH, Rohtak, in April 2008
- Adjudged first in the surgical quiz competition held in the Department of surgery, Jodhpur in 2002
- Adjudged first in the surgical quiz competition held in the Department of surgery, Jodhpur in 2003