- Senior Consultant and Head, Surgical Gastroenterology, Batra Hospital
- Consultant, Minimal Access, GI, Obesity and Cancer Surgery, CK Birla Hospital for Women, Gurgaon
- Consultant Surgical Oncology, PSRI hospital, New Delhi
- Consultant GI Holy Family Hospital, New Delhi
- Senior Consultant , GI And Bariatric Surgery, IBS Hospital
- Consultant Obesity Surgery, ILBS, New delhi
- Consultant GI Surgery, Central Hospital, Northern Railways, New Delhi
- Consultant GI Newrose Hospital, Erbil, Kurdistan, Iraq
Visiting Gastrointestinal Surgeon
- Millennium Cancer Center, Delhi
- Holy Family Hospital, New Delhi
- Institute of Brain and Spine, Lajpat Nagar, New Delhi
- CK Birla Hospital for Women, Gurgaon.
- Institute of Liver and Biliary Sciences, Vasant Kunj, New Delhi
- Central Hospital, Northern Railways, Connaught Place, New Delhi
- Newrose Hospital, Erbil, Kurdistan, Iraq
- Senior Consultant HPB and Liver Transplant Surgery, BLK Superspeciality Hospital, New Delhi (October 2012- Dec 2014)
- Senior Consultant , Surgical Gastroenterology, Batra Hospital, New Delhi. (July 2011– October 2012)
- Consultant, Surgical Gastroenterology, Global Hospital, Bhopal. (Aug 2010-July 2011)
- Senior Research Associate, Dept of GI Surgery, GB Pant Hospital, New Delhi (July 2008-July 2010)
- Senior Resident, GI Surgery, Bhopal Memorial Hospital and Research Centre (May 2003-June 2008)
- Senior Resident, Rajiv Gandhi Cancer Hospital, January 2003 to June 2003.
Qualifications with Periods of Training:
- MBBS (92-97)
- MS (99-02)
- DNB Surgical Gastroenterology (2005-2008)
- MNAMS Surgical Gastroenterology (2013)
- Fellow American College of Surgeons (2016)
- “ Comparison between closure of wounds by cyanoacrylates versus conventional sutures- A randomized control study.”, Dec 1999 to January 2001, Pt J L N Medical College, Raipur.
- September 2004 to January 2005, Co-Investigator in a Open Label, Multicentric, Phase IV Clinical Trial to Evaluate the Efficacy and Safety of Magnex (Cefaoparazone- Sulbactam) in comparison with Cefoparazone, Amikacin and Metronidazole in treatment of complex Intra-Abdominal Infections. Supported by Pfizer(India) Limited.
- May 2006 till at July 2008, Co-Investigator, Multicentric, Randomised, Open Labelled, Global, Phase III B , Trial, in ‘Patients with Intraabdominal Infections. Tegycycline versus Ceftriaxone and Metronidazole.’ Trail conducted by Quintales India. Recruited the maximum number of patients in the World in our center.
- 2007 till at July 2008, Phase III, Double Blind, Multi-center, Randomised, Placebo controlled study of patients with ‘Methyl Bromide in treatment of postoperative illeus after Colonic Resections.’ Conducted by Progenics.
- 2004 till at July 2008, ‘Effect of Tegaserod on colonic motility in constipation predominant IBS.’ Approved by IRB, BMHRC Bhopal.
- 2003 till at 2008 ‘Anorectal Manometery in patients undergoing stapled hamorrhoidectomy’ Approved by IRB, BMHRC Bhopal.
- 2004 till 2008, ‘Role of RFTA in locally advanced Ca Pancreas.’ Approved by IRB, BMHRC Bhopal.
- 2007 till at 2008, ‘Retrospective Analysis of 1500, Laparoscopic Cholecystectomies.’ Approved by IRB BMHRC Bhopal
- July 2008 to July 2010, ‘Study of diagnostic biliary markers for choledochal cyst and stratification of genetic factors for progression to biliary cancer.’ Approved and funded by CSIR , and at GB Panth Hospital New Delhi.
- Open Labelled, RCT, prospective study of effectiveness, safety and clinical outcomes of Stapled anastamosis versus Handsewn anastomosis in patients undergoing gastrointestinal end to end or side to side anastamosis.’ Co-investigator, phase 3 trail, sponsored by Ethicon Endo Surgery.
- Academic Incharge, Indian Association of Surgical Gastroenterology, 15th Confrence, 2003, Bhopal.
- Master of the Ceremony, National Update in Gastroenterology, Digestive Disease Foundation, Bhopal. 2005.
- Academic Incharge, ASICON (MP-State Chapter) 2005
- Academic Incharge, ISG (MP and Chattisgarh Chapter) 2006.
- Master of the Ceremony, National Update in Gastroenterology, Digestive Disease Foundation, Bhopal. 2006.
- Master of the Ceremony, Live Workshop on Laparoscopic Bariatric Surgery , Digestive Disease Foundation and Surgeons Alumini, Bhopal. 2005.
- Treasurer, 11th Basic Course in Coloproctology, Bhopal 2007.
- Master of the Ceremony, National Update on Liver Transplant, Digestive Disease Foundation and Surgeons Alumini, Bhopal. 2008.
- Master of the Ceremony, IHPBA 2011, Bhopal
Indexed Papers And Abstracts
- “Effect of omeprazole on oesophageal body and lower oesophageal sphincter.’ American Journal of Gastroenterology, S21,Volume 99, No. 10, October 2004. (Abstract)
- ‘Radiofrequency assisted liver resection’ Journal of Hepatology and Gastroenterology, 2004 A178, 19.Suppl (Abstract).
- ‘Radiofrequency ablation of locally advanced pancreatic malignancy’ 172 HPB 2004; 6 suppl: 172 (Abstract).
- “Squamous cell carcinoma of Distal Common bile duct”, published in The Journal of Pancreas, 2005; 6(2):162-165. March 2005.
- “Effect of omeprazole on oesophageal body and lower oesophageal sphincter.’ Indian Journal of Gastroenterology Vol 23(2):A41(Abstract)
- “IgG4 Negative Autoimmune Sclerosing Pancreatitis”published in The Journal of Pancreas, 2005; 6(2):162-165. May 2005.
- “Benign esophageal stricture following aluminium phosphide poisoning.” Indian Journal of Gastroenterology24(6):261-2. 2005 Nov-Dec
- ‘ Endoscopic closure of fecal colo-cutaneous fistulla by using metal clips’ Indian Journal of Gastroenterol.24(S1):A54(Abstract)
- ‘Lessons learnt from Radiofrequency assisted liver resection’, Hepatogastroenterology 2005, 52 Suppl 1:A128(Abstract)
- ‘ Radiofrequency ablation for hepatic metastases”, 52 Supplement, Hepato- Gastroenterology 2005 (Abstract)
- ‘Critical Analysis of Radiofrequency Assisted Liver Resection” American Journal of Gastroenterology. 2005;100(9):S132. (Abstract)
- “Result of Liver Secondaries treated by Radiofrequency Ablation” American Journal of Gastroenterology.100(9):S132., 2005 (Abstract)
- Effect of Tegaserod on Colonic motility in constipation predominant IBS’ American Journal of Gastroenterology.100(9):S335, 2005(Abstract)
- “Transistional cell carcinoma of the spleen”, Indian Journal of Gastroenterology,: 26:1-2,2006
- “Bilateral Spigellian Hernia treated by two layered Prolene mesh hernia system” published in Surgical Practice, Vol 10,(2) 82-84. May 2006
- “Myriad presentations of gall bladder tuberculosis”. Published in Indian J Gastroenterolgy. ;25:103-4, 2006.
- ‘Anorectal Manometric Assesment of Stapled Haemorrhoidectomy.’ American Journal of Gastroenterology101:101:9:S2012006; (Abstarct)
- “Incarcerated inguinal hernia presenting as spontaneous scrotal fecal fistula.” Hernia, 2006 Oct;10(5):434-5. 2006.
- “Percutaneous drainage of tubercular liver abscess.” Liver International Volume 26 : 630 – June 2006
- ‘Radiofrequency ablation of unresectable pancreatic carcinoma: feasibility, efficacy and safety.’ Journal of Pancreas, Jan 11;7(1):74-8. 2006
- “Pitfalls in Radiofrequency assisted liver resection” Hepatogastroenterology. Jul-Aug; 54(77):1539-41. 2007
- ‘Effect of Tegaserod on colonic motility’ Indian J Gastroenterology, 25: (Supplement 2)A9, 2007. (Abstarct)
- ‘ Intraoperative Esophageal manometery during LaparoscopicHeller’s Myotomy’ Indian J Gastroenterology, 25: (Supplement 2)A9, 2007. (Abstarct)
- ‘Results of 5 years Experience of Liver Secondaries Treated by Radiofrequency Ablation’ American Journal of Gastroenterology Vol 102(S2):S276, 2007(Abstarct)
- ‘Rapunzel syndrome reviewed and redefined.’ Digestive Surgery. 2007;24(3):157-61. 2007
- Laparoscopy Endoscopy Percutaneous Techniques. 2007 Oct;17(5):447-51.
- ‘Results of 5 years Experience of Liver Secondaries Treated by Radiofrequency Ablation’ Indian J Gastroenterolgy.26(2):A9, 2007(Abstarct)
- ‘Anorectal Manometric Assesment of Stapled Haemorrhoidectomy.’ Indian J Gastroenterology26(S2):A58, 2007(Abstarct)
- ‘Pseudomyxoma peritonei due to ruptured mucinious cystadenoma of the spleen’ European Surgery 39(5) :314-316
- ‘Gastrotomy and not Gastrostostomy is the treatment of Rapunzel Syndrome’ Digestive Surgery. 2007
- ‘New Ablative therapy for locally advanced pancreatic malignancy.’ HPB, 10(1):75, 2008-March(Abstarct)
- ‘Multimodality therapy for Large HCC’ HPB, 10(1):97, 2008-March(Abstarct)
- ‘Central pancreatectomy and pancreatico-gastrostomy: A technique for pancreatic neck lesions.’ HPB, 10(1):102, 2008-March(Abstarct)
- ‘ Lympho-epithelial cyst of pancreas: A Rare case report.’ HPB, 10(1):233, 2008- March(Abstarct)
- “Esoniphillic enteritis”, published in The Bombay Hospital Journal, 2004, Vol 46, No 3, 311.
- ‘Scarless two port laparoscopic assisted appendectomy.’ The Journal of Colorectal Diseases Vol 21 (1):16-18
Academic Presentations (National and International)
- Presented a paper on ‘The comparision of closure of surgical wounds by cyanoacrylates versus conventional methods’, in Chattisgarh State Chapter of ASI 2002.
- Presented a poster on ‘Rapunzel Syndrome—A case report’, in the fourteenth National Conference of Indian Association of Surgical Gastroenterology, Bhopal 2003.
- Presented a poster on ‘Radiofrequency assisted liver resection.’ In the national conference of International Hepato Pancreato Biliary Association (IHPBA), Hyderabad 2004. The poster was judged for the best poster award and chosen for oral presentation.
- Presented a poster on ‘Radiofrequency assisted liver resection’ in Asia Pacific Study of Liver, International conference, Delhi, 2004.
- Presented paper on ‘Bloodless Hepatectomy’ MP ASICON, Bhopal 2006.
- Presented Paper on ‘Newer Ablative therapies in locally advanced pancreatic cancer.’, IHPBA World Confrence, Mumbai 2008.
Reviewer for five International Journals
- Case Reports in Gastroenterology (Karger Publications, Brussels, Switzerland.)
- Saudi Journal of Gastroenterology (Saudia Arabia)
- International Journal of Medicine and Medical Sciences (Nigeria)
- Journal of Pediatric Surgery (Elsiver, USA)
- Central European Journal of Medicine (Springer, Poland.)
National Awards for presentations on National Forums
- First Prize for presenting the poster on in IHPBA Hyderabad 2004 ‘Radiofrequency Assisted Liver Resection’
- First prize for presenting the poster in ISG 2005, Vizag ‘Closure of Colocutaneous fistula by Endoscopic Clipping.’
- Presentations on National forum on Management of Post Cholecystectomy Bile Duct Injury (IHPBA, SELSI, IASG)
- Video Presentations in IASG and SELSI on Laproscopic Heller’s Cardiomyotomy.
Laparoscopic GI Oncology, Surgery for Morbid Obesity, Hepatopancreaticobiliary Surgery, Management of Post Cholecystectomy Bile Duct Injuries
MS, DNB (Surgical Gastroenterology) MNAMS, FACS